A family of four digital-input, closed-loop I2S amplifiers from Texas Instruments suits mid-power stereo audio applications including TVs, soundbars, portable docking stations, Bluetooth® speakers, and aftermarket automotive audio products. The TAS5760xx devices feature high switching frequency, allowing designers to use smaller output filter components to reduce overall solution size and bill of materials (BOM) cost. They stream 20-W continuous power per channel without a heatsink, and deliver the industry's best performance specifications, including THD+N of 0.03 percent at 1 W, crosstalk of -92 dB, and 66-uV idle channel noise. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tas5760md-pr.
The TAS5760xx are available in four pin-compatible, 48-pin versions: the TAS5760MD and TAS5760LD with headphone amplifiers/line drivers, and the TAS5760M and TAS5760L non-headphone versions. For customers that need a smaller footprint, the TAS5760M and TAS5760L are also offered in 9-mm by 6-mm, 32-pin packages.
Key features and benefits:
· Industry's best THD+N, crosstalk and idle noise, along with a closed-loop architecture that provides excellent power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) of 80 dB, allows amplifiers to maintain constant power even when the battery output fluctuates. Also enables use of lower cost power supply designs in systems with changing power supply levels, such as portable docking stations and Bluetooth speakers.
· RDS(ON) of 120 mΩ delivers good thermal performance for consumer audio products that operate at high ambient temperatures.
· Up to 1.2 MHz switching frequency reduces (EMI) and allows use of smaller output filters to lower BOM costs and reduce overall solution size.
· Supports 4.5 V to 26.4 V input, allowing both battery and AC line operation to satisfy the majority of mid-power applications.
· Flexible configuration options via software (I2C) and hardware (GPIO pins) control modes support multi-channel system designs. Amplifiers can be combined with the PCM1808 stereo analog-to-digital converter (ADC), featuring 99-dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), to create a high-performance audio signal chain.
The TAS5760xxEVM can be purchased for a suggested retail price of US$99. This evaluation module includes an easy-to-use ControlConsole graphical development suite to simplify the evaluation, configuration and debug of audio products. The ControlConsole's graphical user interface (GUI) reduces product development time by enabling quick evaluation of all TAS5760xx stereo amplifier functions. IBIS models are also available for verifying board signal integrity requirements.
The new closed-loop I2S amplifiers are available today in 12-mm by 8-mm, 48-pin TSSOP packages.