A family of 100 V BoostPak devices from Fairchild Semiconductor combine a MOSFET and diode in one package to replace discrete solutions currently used in LED TV / monitor backlight, LED lighting and DC-DC converter applications. By integrating the MOSFET and diode into a single package, the FDD1600N10ALZD and FDD850N10LD devices save board space, simplify assembly, lower bill of material (BOM) costs and improve reliability of the application.
The devices feature an N-channel MOSFET produced using Fairchild's PowerTrench® process that has been tailored to minimize the on-state resistance while maintaining superior switching performance. The NP diode is a hyperfast rectifier with low forward voltage drop and excellent switching performance. It has much lower leakage current than a Shottky diode, which improves system reliability in high temperature applications.
· RDS(ON) = 124 mΩ (Typ.)@ VGS = 10 V, ID = 3.4 A
· RDS(ON) = 175 mΩ(Typ.)@ VGS = 5 V, ID = 2.1 A
· Low Gate Charge = 2.78 nC (Typ.)
· Low Crss = 2.04 pF (Typ.)
· RDS(ON) = 61 mΩ (Typ.)@ VGS = 10 V, ID = 12 A
· RDS(ON) = 64 mΩ (Typ.)@ VGS = 5.0 V, ID = 12 A
· Low Gate Charge = 22.2 nC (Typ.)
· Low Crss = 42 pF (Typ.)
In 1,000 piece quantities, the FDD1600N10ALZD costs 49 cents each, while the FDD850N10LD lists for 57 cents each. Sample are available on request with delivery for production quantities 8 to 12 weeks ARO.