In this compact one-day seminar, entitled "Get a 360° View on Power Supplies" you will learn the necessary measurements to ensure optimum performance, as well as reliable operation of your power supply in the field. By introducing measurement methods for switching loss, Safe Operating Area (SOA), and new methods like the non-invasive stability assessment, you will see how to measure the performance parameters of power supplies in their working environment, while avoiding many of the common pitfalls. In addition, you will learn about real life measurement challenges and the best equipment and techniques to master them. This course includes an introduction to the correct measurement techniques for all of the important power supply parameters.
The seminar will include hands-on demonstrations of products and applications:
- Tektronix Test Equipment (MDOs and RSAs)
- Picotest's Signal Injectors
- OMICRON Lab's Bode 100 VNA
- RF and Power Supply Demo Board Evaluation
- Determining power supply stability using non-invasive and traditional Bode measurements
- Choosing the proper signal level to find a power supply's correct phase and gain margin.
- Choosing the correct injection point to significantly improve measurement results.
- Demonstrating the importance of measurement bandwidth by using an LDO example.
- Determining PSRR and Reverse Rejection for systems where one supply voltage feeds several DC/DC converters.
- Choosing and using the right Scope Probes
Time and Place
- Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9AM - 3:30PM, Lunch will be provided
Fiesta Inn, Tempe AZ 2100 South Priest Drive Tempe AZ 85282
Telephone: (480) 967-1441
- Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9AM - 3:30PM, Lunch will be provided
Tektronix Facility 2575 Augustine Drive Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Thursday, December 1, 2011 9AM - 3:30PM, Lunch will be provided
Tektronix Facility 3033 West President George Bush Hwy Plano, TX 75075