Mouser Electronics, Inc. announced that it is stocking components in support of the Wireless Power Consortium's Qi (pronounced "chee") global standards for interoperability between wireless power transmitters and wireless power receivers. The Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), consisting of 100 international, leading wireless technology companies, is dedicated to promoting wireless charging stations that are compatible across different companies and countries.
Mouser is stocking new components that meet the new Qi standard.
--Texas Instruments' BQ500110 / BQ500210 Wireless Power Transmitter Managers
- Integrate the logic functions required to control wireless power transfer
- Single channel WPC compliant contactless charging base station
- Provides AC/DC power conversion while integrating the digital control required to comply with the WPC v1.0 communication protocol
These transmitters and receivers are designed for devices such as cell phones, smart phones, headsets, digital cameras, portable media players and hand-held devices. Both the TI transmitter and receiver are supported by robust development tools.
--TI's bqTESLA150LP Evaluation Kit
- Low power wireless development kit
- Includes transmitter with a Qi-compliant controller and a Qi-compliant receiver IC
--Vishay's IWAS Series Wireless Charging Receiving Coil/Shield
- First commercial Qi-compliant wireless receiver coil available
- Incorporated into the Texas Instrument's bq51013EVM-725
- High permeability shielding, blocks charging flux from sensitive components or batteries