Maxim Integrated Products Inc. announced its TINI family of highly integrated SoCs and codecs for consumer applications. Offering unparalleled functional integration, TINI products enable system designers to free board space for new differentiating features in smartphones, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and home-monitoring cameras.
"Moore's law has been a driving force for innovation over the last half century," explained Vijay Ullal, Group President of Consumer and Automotive Solutions at Maxim. "But as the semiconductor industry approaches the limits of transistor scaling, design engineers must look beyond the digital domain to find space for new features in tight enclosures. Maxim is strategically addressing this challenge with our portfolio of TINI SoCs and codecs. Built using the company's state-of-the-art process and packaging technologies, TINI products deliver the highest level of analog/mixed-signal integration available. So our customers can continue to make their products smarter by adding new capabilities and functions," Ullal added.
Premier products in the TINI portfolio include:
- TINI Power SoCs--Integrate all the functional blocks needed to power applications and baseband processors, along with crucial mixed-signal functions like audio, battery management, and touch-screen control. These Power SoCs allow mobile platform system designers to cut their analog footprint in half.
- TINI Touch-Screen Controller SoC (MAX11871)--Integrates industry's highest SNR capacitive touch analog front-end (AFE) with full backend processing on Maxim's MAXQ CPU enhanced with custom DSP co-processor. A super narrowband AFE provides breakthrough immunity to AC charger and LCD noise without any external components.
- TINI Remote Cam SoC (MAX64180)--Provides a complete audio/video subsystem with H.264 compression, ARM(R) processor, and peripherals for home-monitoring IP cameras. This integration enables extremely small form factors, so that end users can place the cameras just about anywhere.
- TINI TV Cam SoC (MAX64180)--Offers a fully integrated solution for HD video cameras in smart TVs. This integration allows system designers to embed the video camera directly inside the TV bezel.
- TINI Audio Codecs (MAX98089, MAX98095)--Combine multiple high-performance audio blocks with Maxim's proprietary FlexSound(R) processor. These audio codecs let designers overcome integration challenges in mobile products while delivering the best audio experience.