The joint sponsors of the Applied Power Electronics Conference have announced the continuation of the popular $1,000 Student Attendance Travel Support to cover part of the travel and conference expenses for up to 40 students to attend APEC 2015 in Charlotte, NC, March 15-19, 2015.
Now in its 10th year, this popular program, initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA), is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC Conference - the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications Society (IAS).
The recipients will be chosen by the APEC 2015 Award and Grants Committee. Application forms are available at APEC Attendance Travel Support Application. The criteria for the travel support reimbursement are:
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution
- Only students who have not received travel support in the past will be consideredThe recipients must be an author or co-author of a paper that was accepted for presentation at APEC 2015
- The recipient must attend APEC 2015 and submit expense receipts to the Committee
- Up to two students from a single institution may each receive Travel Support. However, they may share their reimbursement with other students from the same institution who submitted applications
- Applications must be made and received by the Committee by October 17, 2014
- The recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 14, 2014
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor and a brief description of their career interest and reasons for planning to attend APEC. The application also requires the title and ID number of the accepted paper, as well as the name(s) of co-author(s).