System designers can speed time to market for wearable and healthcare products with the MAX30102 pulse oximeter and heart rate integrated sensor module from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. The integrated pulse oximetry and heart rate monitor module is an ultra-low power solution providing a complete system to save space and ease the design-in process for mobile and wearable devices.
Wearable equipment for vital-sign monitoring is rapidly evolving, and analog integration is at the heart of this. System-on-chip (SoC) and integrated module solutions are rapidly replacing discrete, multicomponent designs. The MAX30102 integrates red and IR LEDs to modulate LED pulses for oxygen saturation (SpO2) and heart rate measurements.
- Ultra-low power: Extends battery life; Operates on a single 1.8V power supply and a separate 5V power supply for the internal LEDs
- Space savings: Maintains a very small solution size without sacrificing optical or electrical performance; Integrates internal LEDs, photodetectors, optical elements, and low-noise electronics with ambient light rejection
- Ease of design: Evaluation platform with the integrated module and an accelerometer provides a solution for customers to quickly evaluate the module
- Available in a tiny 14-pin optical module (5.6mm x 3.3mm x 1.55mm).
- Specified over the -40-degree Celsius to +85-degree Celsius temperature range.
- Pricing starts at $4.13 (1000-up, FOB USA).
- An evaluation system is available.