Maxim Integrated Products announces four, new digital optical sensors that advance analog integration with sensor fusion.
The MAX44004/05/06/08 measure red/green/blue (RGB) light levels, ambient visible light (ALS), proximity to the sensor, ambient infrared (IR) levels, and temperature. As many as seven sensors are integrated into one compact optical package. The sensors provide robust and repeatable measurements and the MAX44005/MAX44006/MAX44008 all consume an industry-low 20µA each. The high integration reduces system cost, eliminates several external components, and greatly simplifies design. These optical sensors can be used in a wide variety of applications such as smartphones, tablets, portable consumer devices, displays, digital light management, security systems, and medical devices.
- MAX44004 is a low-power ALS that consumes only 5µA.
- MAX44006/MAX44008 integrate RGB color sensors plus an ALS (clear), an ambient IR, and temperature sensors.
- MAX44005 includes an RGB color sensor plus an ALS (clear), ambient IR, IR proximity, and temperature sensors.
- MAX44005/MAX44006/MAX44008 are guaranteed over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range. MAX44004 is guaranteed over the -40°C to +105°C temperature range.
- All sensors are available in a 2mm x 2mm x 0.6mm optical package.
- Pricing starts at $1.20 (1000-up, FOB USA).