Amphenol Industrial Products now offers a high vibration brush terminal series designed to withstand harsh environments. By intermeshing two small wire bundles together, an electrical connection is made with 14 to 70 points of contact per mated pair.
The brush-like terminal technology is comprised of multiple strands of high tensile strength wire bundled together on each side of the contact and hooded for protection. These compact size 22 signal terminals are able to accommodate up to size 16 gage cable or a PCB tail and are rated up to 5 A continuous.
Amphenol's high vibration brush (AHVB) is designed to withstand vibrations of at least 53.8 grams at 8 hours per axis and 2,000 Hz. It is an innovation that can be used for all signal applications including in-lines, sensors, fuel systems, and control modules. It is suitable for on-engine applications and fixed positions where high vibration fret resistance and environmental performance is critical to function.
Ideal for use in the heavy equipment, mining, medical and mass transit markets, the AHVB terminal series exhibits zero fretting and can handle up to 100,000 mating cycles. It also has low insertion forces (70% up to 90% lower than traditional connectors), resulting in smaller footprints, higher I/O counts and less maintenance with levers and screws. The AHVB connection systems are rated IP67 when mated and are designed to pass SAE J2030 validation.
- Withstand up to 100,000 mating cycles
- No fretting 14 to 70 points of contact when mated
- Can accommodate up to size 16 gage cable Size 22 signal contacts Rated to 5 A continuous
- Withstand vibrations of at least 53.8 grams.
- Low insertion force is 1 oz typical
- Withstand temperatures to 150°C
- Interface seals impervious to chemicals/caustic fluids
- Rated IP67 when mated In compliance with SAE J2030.
Sample pricing for the 4-way AHVB system kit: 1 plug asm, 1 receptacle asm, 6 pins, 6 sockets, 1 removal tool, 2 pcs of HST (heat shrink) is $36 per unit. Delivery is 8 weeks ARO.