Fairchild Semiconductor's FDMC8010 30V Power 33 MOSFET meets these needs by delivering best-in-class power density and low conduction loss in a 3.3mm x 3.3mm PQFN form factor.
Using Fairchild's PowerTrench® technology, the FDMC8010 is well suited for applications where the lowest RDS(ON) is required in small spaces such as high performance DC-DC buck converters, Point of Load (POL), high efficiency load switch and low side switching, voltage regulator modules (VRM), and ORing functions. By using the FDMC8010, designers can move from a 5mm x 6mm to a 3.3mm x 3.3mm package, saving 66 percent of the MOSFET footprint area.
In isolated 1/16th brick DC-DC converter applications, the Power 33 MOSFET's max RDS(ON) of only 1.3mohm max, is 25 percent less than the competitive solution in this footprint. Additionally, the device reduces conduction losses thereby improving thermal efficiency by up to 25 percent.
- High performance technology for best-in-class RDS(ON) of 1.3 mΩ max
- 3.3mm x 3.3mm industry-standard form factor, PQFN - saves board space
- Through lower power conduction loss, the device can achieve higher power density and higher efficiency than competitive solutions
- Package is lead-free and RoHS-compliant
- Price: US $0.87 in 1,000 quantity pieces