Surge-Goodark has a new diode that provides a full range of voltage control features in a 1.1-mm SMT package well-suited for lighting, cellular phones, wireless electronics and power supplies. It is also the first diode of its kind to comply with solar industry safety standards (IEC617300-2, IEC612155-2).
The ESGC diode proprietary package provides:
· Thermal performance that is 50% lower than alternative diodes such as the TO-252 series
· A footprint that is 55% smaller than comparable diodes
· Very low high-temperature reverse leakage characteristics
· Large safe operating area (SOA) with maximum selectively rated 200ºC (DC only) junction temperature for higher reliability
· Ultra-low forward voltage (VF) for reduced forward power loss which improves efficiency and boosts cell power generation in solar energy applications
· An ultra-low, 1.1-mm profile that makes it well-suited for use within solar panels
· High forward surge current rating (IFSM) to protect equipment from current surges and lightning strikes
Typical applications for the ESGC include lighting, cell phones, portable electronics, power supplies, inverters, freewheeling, and polarity protection.