Littelfuse, Inc. introduced the SD and SD-C Series 450 W Discrete Unidirectional and Bidirectional TVS Diodes, the latest additions to its line of TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). Designed to protect against destructive electrostatic discharges (ESD) and lightning-induced surge currents, these fast-acting TVS Diodes are ideal for replacing multilayer varistors (MLVs) in low speed and DC applications because they can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes at ±30 kV without performance degradation and safely dissipate up to 30 A of surge current. Their low dynamic resistance provides up to a 50 percent reduction in clamping voltage compared to competing technologies, making them ideal for protecting buttons, switches, power ports, and other various low-speed I/Os in automotive electronics, test equipment, point-of-sale terminals, ultrabooks, servers and medical equipment.
The SD and SD-C Series TVS Diode Arrays offer these key benefits:
* Robust surge and enhanced ESD protection permits worry-free implementations in the world's most challenging environments.
* Low dynamic resistance ensures fast acting, low clamping protection for modern electronics, providing up to a 50% reduction in clamping voltage over competing technologies.
* Robust monolithic construction means they have no inherent wear-out factor, so they can outlast the equipment they protect.
* Designed to handle multiple ESD or surge transients without performance degradation.
* Industry standard SOD-323 package fits inside existing 0805 PCB footprints.
* AEC-Q101 qualified for use in automotive electronics, ensuring maximum reliability.
SD and SD-C Series TVS Diode Arrays are available in quantities of 3000 in tape and reel packaging.