Power Integration's InnoSwitch™-EP family of ICs dramatically simplify the development and manufacturing of low-voltage, high current power supplies, particularly those in compact enclosures or with high efficiency requirements.
The InnoSwitch-EP architecture is revolutionary in that the devices incorporate both primary and secondary controllers, with sense elements and a safety-rated feedback mechanism into a single IC. Close component proximity and innovative use of the integrated communication link permit accurate control of a secondary-side synchronous rectification MOSFET and optimization of primary-side switching to maintain high efficiency across the entire load range. Additionally, the minimal DC bias requirements of the link, enable the system to achieve less than 10 mW no-load to maximize efficiency in standby.
- <10 mW no-load at 230 VAC when supplied by transformer bias winding
- Primary sensed output OVP
- Secondary sensed output overshoot clamp
- Secondary sensed output OCP to zero output voltage
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown
- Input voltage monitor with accurate brown-in/brown-out and overvoltage protection
- Full Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- 100% production HIPOT compliance testing equivalent to 6 kV DC/1 sec
- Reinforced insulation
- Isolation voltage >3,500 VAC
- UL1577 and TUV (EN60950) safety approved
- EN61000-4-8 (100 A/m) and EN61000-4-9 (1000 A/m) compliant Green Package
- Halogen free and RoHS compliant