Littelfuse, Inc. has expanded its offering of TVS Diodes optimized for automotive applications with the addition of the TPSMC and TPSMD Series. These devices are designed to protect sensitive electronic equipment from voltage transients induced by load dump and other transient voltage events. These AEC-Q101 qualified devices offer peak pulse power dissipation ratings of 1500W (TPSMC) or 3000W (TPSMD) in a standard DO-214AB package. Both series are well-suited for applications like DC power protection and ESD protection in automotive electronics such as electronic control units, sensors, and entertainment systems, as well as in portable devices that require high reliability.
The TPSMC and TPSMD Series offer peak pulse power dissipation ratings that are ideal for automotive applications. They allow automotive power systems to pass the different 1, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, and 5b surge tests operationally as specified by ISO7637-2. This standard is widely used in the automotive industry as the basis for transient specifications,. These new products are also AEC-Q101 qualified, which makes them very well-suited for high reliability applications.
The TPSMC and TPSMD Automotive TVS Diode Series offer these key benefits:
- With peak pulse power (Pppm) dissipation ratings of 1500W (TPSMC) and 3000W (TPSMD), they help automotive power system pass the different 1, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b and 5b surge tests operationally as specified by ISO7637-2.
- These automotive-grade, AEC-Q101 qualified products are well-suited for high reliability applications.
- The standard package SMC/SMD-type package (DO-214AB); and compact footprint allow quick and easy layout in high reliability applications.
- Devices in both series offer wide standoff voltage ranges, which fulfill all design requirements for automotive applications. Both uni-directional and bi-directional polarity devices in the TPSMC Series offer a standoff voltage range of 10V to 77V. Uni-directional polarity devices in the TPSMD Series offer a standoff voltage range of 10V to 43V.
- They comply with IEC 61000-4-2 and IEC 610000-4-4 standards, which helps designers meet global regulatory standards.
The TPSMC Series TVS Diode is available in quantities of 3,000 and the TPSMD Series TVS Diode is available in quantities of 3,000 and 500, both in tape and reel packaging. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.